Are you looking for a How to become a Homeopathic Doctor in India? If yes, then this article will be of great help for you to get all the updates about the course. This article covers all the relevant information like roles and responsibilities, courses to pursue, job opportunities, career scop, best college to get admission in graduation or post-graduation, salary, and Eligibility Criteria to be a Homeopathic Doctor in India.
Being a doctor is more pride and honor as people think of them as a God who helps them to heal from their health issues.
What is Homeopathy
Homeopathy is all about providing natural medicine to heal the illness. The word Homeopathy has come from Greek words “Homeo” means similar and “Pathos” means treatment. A Homeopathic Doctor has to find out the reason behind the illness and provide proper medicines for the same. These are the alternative source of medication was developed by Sri Samuel Hahnemann.
In general, Homeopathic treatment takes a way longer time to cure the illness without any side-effect. Homeopathic medicines are made up of plants, animals, herbs, vegetables, and minerals. Few amounts of such things are added either with distilled water or alcohol to prescribe the patients.
About Homeopathic Doctor
Homeopathic Doctors are those who provide medication through Homeopathy. Their responsibility is to look at the illness very precisely and advise accordingly. The natural process is used to stimulate the curing process.
Role & Responsibilities of a Homeopathic Doctor
The responsibility of a Homeopathic Doctor is to ask in detail about the illness or study the case in detail before providing the treatment.
- He/She should be kind and caring towards the patient.
- He/She should be good at communication with the patient.
- He/She should have good listening skills so that they can patience fully harken the patient’s word.
Homeopathy Course in India
The Homeopathy courses after 10th that you can pursue to be a Homeopathic doctor are listed below.
|Diploma in Electro-Homeopathy||1 year||Rs 1-1.5 lakhs per annum|
|Diploma in Homeopathic Medicines and Surgery (DHMS)||1 year||Rs 50k-1 lakhs per annum|
|Certificate Course in Electro Homeopathy||3 months||Rs 20k-30k|
|Certificate in Homeopathic Dispensing (CHD)||3 months||Rs 30k-35k|
|Certificate Course in Homeopathic Medicinal System (CHMS)||1 year||Rs 50k-1 lakhs per annum|
|Certificate Course in Clinical Homeopathy||6 months||Rs 30k-70k|
|Certificate Course in Homeopathy and Health sciences||3 months||RS 30k- 80k|
|M.D. (Hom) Case Taking and Repertorisation||2 years||Rs 2-3 lakhs per annum|
|M.D. (Hom) Pharmacy||2 years||Rs 2-3.5 lakhs per annum|
|M.D (Hom) Materia Medica||2 years||Rs 2-2.5 lakhs per annum|
|M.Sc Clinical Research||2 years||Rs 2-4 lakhs per annum|
|M.D (Hom) Organon of Medicine and Philosophy||2 years||Rs 2-3 lakhs per annum|
|M.Sc Medical Biochemistry||2 years||Rs 2-5 lakhs per annum|
|M.D. (Hom) Paediatrics||2 years||Rs 2-3.5 lakhs per annum|
|M.Sc Medical Anatomy||2 years||Rs 2-4 lakhs per annum|
|M.Sc Applied Psychology||2 years||Rs 2-5 lakhs per annum|
|M.D. (Hom) Practice of Medicine||2 years||Rs 2.5-4 lakhs per annum|
|M.Sc Human Genome||2 years||Rs 2-4.4 lakhs per annum|
|M.D. (Hom) Psychiatry||2 years||Rs 2-3.5 lakhs per annum|
|M.Sc Health Sciences and Yoga Therapy||2 years||Rs 1.5-3 lakhs per annum|
|M.Sc Epidemiology||2 years||Rs 2-3 lakhs per annum|
|PGDM Acupuncture||1 year||Rs 90k per annum|
|PGDM Preventive and Promotive Health Care||1 year||Rs 50k-90k per annum|
|PGDM Clinical Diabetology||1 year||Rs 70k-90k per annum|
|PGDM Holistic Health Care||1 year||Rs 1l lakhs-1.5 lakhs per annum|
|PGDM Diabetes Mellitus||1 year||Rs 90k-1 lakhs per annum|
Specialization in Homeopathy
As a Homeopathic Doctor, you can choose a specialization in either of the course as listed below.
- Skin Specialist
- Homeopathic Pharmacy
- Infertility and Sex Specialist
How to become a Homeopathic Doctor in India
To become a Homeopathic Doctor you need to qualify for some eligibility criteria. They are listed as follows.
To pursue the course of Homeopathic Doctor you should be 17+ years old.
As a Homeopathic Doctor, you should have some skills to guide patients and advise them accordingly.
|Communication Skill||Critical skill|
|Service Orientation Skill||Have to work for long hours|
|Communicate with patients and gain their trust.||Punctual and dedicated|
|Perseverance||Must have the potential to prescribe medicines|
|Time Management Skill||Must be caring and kind to the patient|
|Good Listening Skill||Must be good in identifying health issues|
|Interpersonal Skill||Diagnosis Skill|
|Must have Problem-Solving capability||Must have proper knowledge about the combination of the medicine.|
|Educational Qualification||Required Percentage|
|12th Class||The candidate needs to score an aggregate of 50% mark.|
|Graduation||The candidate needs to score an aggregate of 55% mark.|
Here are the lists of Entrance exams to be a Homeopathic doctor in India.
- Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical (KEAM)
- National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)
- Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET)
- Punjab University Common Entrance Test (PUCET)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test (BVP CET)
The syllabus of the course is mentioned below that you have to study in this four- and half-year tenure.
Initial 1 ½ Year
- Anatomy, Histology, and Embryology
- Homeopathic Pharmacy
- Physiology including Biochemistry
- Principles of Homoeopathic Philosophy
- Homeopathic Materia Medica
- The practice of Medicine and Homeo Therapeutics
Next 1 Year
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Pathology, and Microbiology including Bacteriology, Virology, and Parasitology
- Homoeopathic Materia Medica
- Surgery including Homeo Therapeutic, Eye, ENT, and Dental
- Principle of Homeopathic Philosophy and Organon of Medicine
Third Part that is also of 1 Year
- Homoeopathic Materia Medica
- Surgery including ENT, Homeo Therapeutics, Ophthalmology and Dental
- Principles of Homeopathic Philosophy and Organon of Medicine
- The Practice of Medicine and Homeo Therapeutics
- Obstetrics, Homeo Therapeutics and, Gynaecology Infant Care
Fourth Part that is also of 1Year
- Organon of Medicine
- Community Medicine
- Homoeopathic Materia Medical
About Admission Process
To get admission to the desired college you have to crack the entrance exam held by the Government or by the Universities themselves. After cracking the Entrance Exam, your rank will help you decide to which college you can get admission. Choose wisely which entrance exam you have to appear to get enroll in the course.
Complete your course that is of four and a half or five years and get hired by the top recruiters to make use of your knowledge and practice.
Books & Study Material
As a Homeopathic Doctor, you have to follow such books to gain knowledge.
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology by the author Gerard J. Tortora and Sandra Reynolds Grabowski
- Homeopathy: The Complete Handbook by the author K.P.S. Dhama
- Wonders of a Single Dose in Homoeopathy: 2nd Edition by the author Dr. K.D. Kanodia
- Group Study in Homeopathic Materia Medica by the author J.D. Patil
Job Description of a Homeopathic Doctor
After completing your degree in Homeopathy, you can opt for a lecturer post to teach and guide students to understand things easily.
You can be a doctor and prescribe medicines to the patient as per the symptoms.
You can have your clinic medicate patients.
He/she can assist the main doctor to provide treatment and take care of the patients.
You can also be a consultant and guide patients to refer which doctor and what is the next process to be done.
As a pharmacist, your job will be to provide medicines to the patients as prescribed by the doctor.
As a Homeopathic Doctor, you can be in the research field and write case studies to provide more pieces of information to the freshers.
Public Health Specialist
They will guide you on how to keep your health fit and fine.
They will provide you therapy as per the symptoms and health issues faced by the patients.
Career Scope for a Homeopathic Doctor
As a Homeopathic Doctor, you can have a career opportunity in India as well as abroad. You can either choose to have a private clinic or work in the government sector to make proper use of your knowledge. You can even work in the research sector and make case studies that will help students to acquire more knowledge.
Best Recruiters in India
The best recruiters to hire Homeopathic Doctors are mentioned below.
- Medical colleges
- Training institutes
- Research institutes
- Charitable institutions
- Government/ private hospitals
- Life science industries
- Homeopathic medicine store
- Pharmaceutical industries
- Nursing home
- Healthcare community
Homeopathy Doctor Salary in India
The Salary of Homeopathic Doctors differs from post to post. Salary of some of the sectors is mentioned below.
|Post||Sector||Salary in INR|
|Junior Homeopathic Doctor||Private Hospital||Rs 20,000-25,000 per month|
|Senior Homeopathic Doctor||Government Hospital||Rs 40,000-50,000 per month|
|Junior Homeopathic Doctor||Government Hospital||Rs 25,000-35,000 per annum|
Top Colleges in India for Graduation
The top colleges to pursue the Graduation in Homeopathic In India are listed below.
- ANSS Homeo Medical College
- Bakson Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital
- Anushree Homeopathic Medical College
- Dr. D Y Patil Vidyapeeth
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences
- Government Medical College and Hospital
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
- Jayoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University
- Dr. BR Sur Homeopathic Medical College
- Janardan Rai Nagar Rajasthan Vidyapeeth University
- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences
- Dr Abhin Chandra Homeopathic Medical College
- Kerala University of Health Sciences
- Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences
- Nehru Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital
- YBN University
- National Institute of Homeopathy
- Government Homeopathic Medical College
- Maharaja’s Institute of Medical Sciences
- Madhav University
- Yenepoya University
- RKDF University
- Vinayaka Mission University
- Parul University
Top Colleges in India for Post-Graduation
The best colleges to pursue Post-Graduation in India are listed below.
- Calicut University, Calicut
- Motiwala homeopathic medical college, Nashik
- Foster Development Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Aurangabad
- Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University – [HNGU], Patan
- Smt. Kanchanaburi Babulalji Abad Homoeopathic Medical College, Nashik
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan University – [SRK], Bhopal
- DKMM Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Aurangabad
- Dr. J.J. Magdum Homoeopathic Medical College, Kolhapur
- SMFRI’s Vamanrao Ithape Homeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Pune
- Tantia University, Sriganganagar
To conclude, this was all about How to Become a Homeopathic Doctor in India. If you want to become a Homeopathic Doctor you can simply follow this simple guide. This simple guide will give you the proper direction to achieve your goal. For any more queries get back to me by commenting in the comment box. I will get back to you with a proper solution to your query.
Sharing Is Caring – Share the article if have liked it!