If you are planning to have a career in the Game Developer field then you have chosen the right article to get detailed information about How to Become a Game Developer in India. In this article, you will get to know about the career as game developer, eligibility criteria, job opportunities, career options, recruiting agency, and many more. These days Game developers are trending and popular among the youth to have a great career in it.
The game developer has more craze and gives better job opportunities to the youth. The entire process is based on imagination and the skills of art to make it eye-catching and worthy. The developer needs to be good in programming as this will help in running the game. Roll your sleeves to get more information about the same and chose this as your career option to have a bright future.
About Game Developer
A Game Developer is the one who makes the plan or blueprint of the game through their imagination. They design the module of the game and make it very specific to present it. They have to give the details of the work including project management and its last date of submission, budget, and working hours to complete the project.
They work in a team to manage the work and give the best output. They give the storylines, designing, programming, coding, art, and graphics to complete the projects.
Game designing includes the layout, pattern, and process of the game. They involve a strong plan to implement the ideas and win many hearts. These days’ games are evolved in such a way that they can even be played on android phones and PC. The games are played in an augmented and virtual pattern. It also consists of testing the game by the employees to solve the technical glitches.
Game developers need to be very attentive and punctual in their work to keep the work moving. They have a schedule to work hard on it and make it easy to learn new things and explore new patterns and designs.
Top courses in India for Game Developer
The top courses to pursue the game developer course are as follows.
• Certificate in Gaming Course
• Professional Diploma in Game Art
• Advanced Diploma in Game Art & 3D Game Content Creation
• Certificate course in Game Art & Design
• Advance Diploma in Game Design and Development Application.
• Bachelor of Science in Graphics, gaming, and Animation
• Integrated Master’s in Animation and Multimedia with art and design
• Master’s in Game developer
• Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Game Development
• Master of Science (M.Sc) in Game Design and Development
• Diploma in Game Design and Integration
• Diploma in Game Programming
• Diploma in Game Design & Development Application
• B.A Degree in Digital Animation and Film Making
How to become a Game Developer in India
Follow the below steps for how to become a Game Developer in India:
Step 1: Educational Qualification
Step 2: Complete Game Development & Designing Course
Step 3: Develop desired skills
Step 4: Acquire technical knowledge
Step 5: Prepare your portfolio as Game Developer
Step 6: Apply for Game Developer Job Roles
To become a Game Developer you need to perceive any of the courses for Game Development and Designing. The courses may include of Certificate, Diploma, Graduate & Master’s Course in Game Development. You can join any of the courses of your choice after the 12th Class.
To become a Game Developer in India you need to possess some eligibility criteria. They are listed below.
There are absolutely no age criteria to become a Game Developer in India. The candidate can become a Game Developer at any age. You can perceive the Game Development Course after your SSC or HSC also.
Here is the list of the courses that involve the educational qualifications to choose the best career option and have a bright future.
|Certified in Game Development||The candidate needs to complete 10th from any stream of an authorized university.|
|Diploma in Game Development||You need to complete the 12th exam from an authorized university.|
|Graduate in Game Development||You need to complete the 12th exam from an authorized university.|
|Masters in Game Development||The candidate needs to complete graduation from a specific field.|
For certificate & diploma course there is no particular entrance to crack. You can directly take admission to the Institute of your choice for Game Development & Designing. But to perceive the graduate and post-graduate program certain colleges & universities have the criteria of specific entrance exams for admission. Most of the reputed institutes have their private entrance exams. Let us have a look at a few of the entrance exams required for the Game Developer.
- NID Entrance Exam
- NIFT Entrance Exam
- UPES DAT
- UCEED & many more
To become a Game Developer you need to be good in Physics & Mathematics. The subjects that you need to study in detail to become a successful game developer in India are listed below.
- Languages like Java & C++
- Operating Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Drawing & Designing
- 3D Animation
- Game Theory, Architecture & Integration
Books & Study Material
There are some entrance exams held by some colleges to get admission in it and pursue the course. Some of the books that you can follow to prepare for the exams are mentioned below.
- The writer of the book named Game Theory by Steve Tadelis.
- A book named The Art of Game Design by Jesse Schell.
- The Second edition of Game Engine Architecture was written by Jason Gregory.
- The author Scot Roger of the book the guide to great video game design.
- The author Viktor Latypov and Sergey Kosarevsky are written the book name Android NDK Game Development.
- Artificial Intelligence for Games written a book called John Funge and Ian Millington.
- 4th edition of Game Coding Complete by the author David Graham and Mike McShaffry
Game Developer Skills
To become a Game Developer you need some set of skills. Let us one by one see what are those required skills. The set of required skills is listed below.
Strong IT Skills
To be a game developer you need to be good at programming or coding. As a developer, you need to be having strong skills in interface designing, character design, and many more to make the game more attractive and eye-catching. For a game developer, both technical and graphic or artistic skills are very important.
You need to have good communication skills to interact with the employees and clients. Through your communication skills only you can present your ideas, thoughts, and imagination to your teammates to create a unique game.
As a game developer, you need to be good at solving issues that may be technical or any other design. They are ready to solve the query of the clients and update things accordingly. They have to be very smart in solving the glitches and making things usable.
Creativity & Culture
The role of a game developer is to be very creative. These skills need to be very prominent and proficient. Their ideas and imagination need to be the very original and the best way to be a game developer.
They follow the game culture to entertain the player and keep updating the skills to capture the mind of the clients.
Time Management Skills
A game is not developed overnight. It needs time and good management skills to design the game over time. For this coordination with other team members is mandatory to complete the work on time. This skill makes the developer more active and professional to complete the task on time.
Role & Responsibilities of Game Designer
You must be not aware of the roles and responsibilities of a Game Designer. For more details about their responsibilities read the following points to keep you updated and aware.
• He/ She designs or gives the structure or blueprint of the game.
• He/ She put forward the objective of the game.
• He/ She writes the dialogues, storyline, or characters of the game.
• He/ She helps in developing prototypes.
• He/ She differentiates the user interface, menus, and other required things for the development of the game developer.
• Her/ His responsibility is to maintain the process and techniques.
• Her/his role is to design the document of the game.
• Game developers put sound effects, and try to edit the sounds, dialogue, and many more.
You can opt to take a full-time job or a freelancer and work for different companies. Some of the Job roles are mentioned below as a Game Developer.
The Game animator makes the blend of their imagination and technology to make something unique. They are the experts in arts and good at presenting it.
They have the expertise in coding and programming the game. The codes they use can be accessed on computers, laptops, or Android phones.
Game Audio Engineer
Their role is to put an audio effect in the Game to make the player more entertaining. They add background music and other effects to make it more attractive and smooth.
The Game artist is one who develops the game in 2D or 3D patterns and makes the Game more impressive.
A Game Designer has to put art, puzzles, animation, and many more to design the game. They bring imagination, creativity, and prototypes to design the game.
Game System Designer
A Game System Designer works along with Producers, coders, and other supporting people to design the game.
Creative Game Director
Their role is to make the game perfect for the player. They direct the concept to be on its way to make it more vision-able.
QA Game Tester
After the concept of the game is developed it goes for QA tester. They help in fixing all the issues or mistakes to improve the quality of the game.
They are involved in marketing and making it aware to the public to use it and advertise the same.
Career Scope/Employment Opportunities
Gaming Industries these days are more in trend and craze as youths are more involved in playing virtual games rather than outdoor games. Here we have jotted down some of the career opportunities to have a great future in the same field.
• Broadcasting companies
• Advertising firms
• E-sports associations
• Hardware and software distributors
• PR, communications, and marketing firms
• Computing and electronics organizations
• Creative agencies
• Event organizers
• Trade and retail organizations.
• Software developers
• Education providers and education resource suppliers
• Hardware and software distributors
Top Recruiting Agencies for a Game Developer
The recruiting agencies check the skill of the employees before hiring them. Some of the top companies which are keen to hire Game developers are as follows.
• 2 Pi Interactive, Hyderabad
• 99Games, Karnataka
• Apar Games, Mumbai
• Dhruva Interactive, Bangalore
• GSN Games, India
• CreatioSoft, Noida
• Games2win, Mumbai
• Geek Mentor Studios, Noida
Game Developer Salary
The salary of a Game developer differs from designation to designation. With hard work and experience, you can easily earn more and have a great career in it.
|Job Designation||Fresher’s Salary||Experienced’s Salary|
|Game Animator||INR 2,28,000||INR 24,00,000|
|Game Artist||INR 3,00,000||INR 30,50,000|
|Game System Designer||INR 3,50,000||INR 18 ,00,000|
|Creative Game Director||INR 1,20,000||INR 20,00,000|
|Game Audio Engineer||INR 1,18,000||INR 30,63,927|
|Game Marketer/PR||INR 4,00,000||INR 11,87,500|
|Game Designer||INR 2,00,000||INR 10,03,628|
Difference between Game Designer & Game Developer
The difference between the Game designer and the Game Developer is mentioned below.
|Game Designers||Game Developers|
|They are the one who designs the game from the initial state to the last step.||They deal with the coding part of the game to run it.|
|Game Designers use skills like animation, graphic designing, art, and many more to design the game.||Game Developers deal in the technical part like the programming of the game. They need to be experts in C++, Lua, and many more.|
Best Colleges in India to pursue the Course
The best colleges in India to get admission to continue the course are as follows.
- Bharti Vidyapeeth University, Pune
- Zee Institute of Creative Arts, Bangalore
- Academy of Animation and Gaming, Noida
- Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematic (MAAC), Mumbai
- National Institute of Design ( NID)
- Arena Animations, New Delhi
- Government Polytechnic, Mumbai
- Symbiosis Institute of Design
- iPixio Animation College, Bangalore
- Crypto Cipher Academy
- IIT Bombay-Indian Institute of Technology( IITB)
- Animaster Academy – College for excellence in Animation, Bangalore
To conclude, this was all about How to Become a Game Developer in India. If any more related queries shoot them out in the comment box. I will get back to you with an answer.
Sharing Is Caring – Share the article if it was helpful for you.