Entrance Exam of Agriculture – All details of the course are given in this article. Keep reading the article to know the tips on the preparation of this entrance exam-ICAR AIEE.
- The Entrance Exam for Agriculture
- What is ICAR AIEEA
- Entrance Exam of Agriculture- Eligibility, Syllabus & Preparation
- Exam Pattern for ICAR AIEEA
- Syllabus for ICAR AIEEA
- 2. Biology
- 3. Mathematics
- 4. Agriculture
- Books for ICAR AIEEA
- Scope of ICAR AIEEA
- Tips for ICAR AIEEA Preparation
- Agricultural Universities
- Top Agricultural Colleges in India
Everybody has different areas of interest. Some want to choose very different career choices than others. Very few people know that there is an entrance exam, courses, and colleges, especially for Agriculture and Allied courses.
This article is for the candidates aspiring for a career in agriculture. And, also it contains detailed information about ICAR AIEEA- Eligibility, Age Criteria, Syllabus, and Preparation. So, let us get started.
The Entrance Exam for Agriculture
The entrance exam to perceive a career in agriculture is ICAR AIEE. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is an authorized agency for ICAR AIEE. Let us understand the entrance exam in more detail.
What is ICAR AIEEA
The ICAR AIEEA is an entrance examination which is conducted particularly for the students who want to perceive a career in agriculture and allied sciences. It can be any degree of undergraduate or postgraduate or even doctorate.
A total of 15% of seats is a field in bachelor’s of agriculture with this entrance exam. Not only the admission process but also this particular entrance exam sponsors scholarships and the candidates are awarded by ‘National talent scholarships in agriculture and allied science subjects‘. This examination is taken once a year by NTA.
Full form of ICAR AIEEA
AIEEA stands for All India Entrance Examination for Agriculture. And, this particular entrance exam is conducted by NTA that is a National Testing Agency.
This entrance exam is also most commonly known as ICAR AIEEA which stands for the Indian council of agricultural research all India Entrance Examinations.
Entrance Exam of Agriculture– Eligibility, Syllabus & Preparation
The Entrance Exam For Agriculture is the All India Entrance Exam for Agriculture(AIEEA) which is conducted by the Indian Council Of Agricultural Research(ICAR). The main aim of this entrance exam is to shortlist the candidates for the Under Graduate, Graduate, and Post Graduate Programmes in the field of Agriculture and Allied Sciences.
Lets us now understand the one-on-one details of the Entrance Exam of Agriculture After the 12th. To appear for ICAR AIEEA the candidates must qualify the eligibility criteria. The requirements to be eligible for the ICAR AIEEA entrance exam are listed below.
1. Age limit
A candidate to apply for this entrance exam should at least be 16 years of age. Then only he/she is eligible to apply for the undergraduate program of agriculture and allied sciences.
The candidate to apply for this examination should be Indian. It is mandatory that he/she should be a citizen of India.
3. Educational Qualification
- The candidate should have passed 10 + 2 from the recognized board.
- It can be SSC CBSE or any other recognized board
- The medium of language that he has been passed out should compulsorily be English with three mandatory subjects that is mathematics, chemistry, biology, and physics.
Also, note the minimum marks in 12th exam to be eligible for this examination is as below.
|12 th Class||50%||40%|
The candidate to be eligible for the entrance exam should qualify all the three criteria. If anyone criteria are not fulfilled the candidate is not eligible for the entrance examination.
How to fill ICAR AIEEA Exam Form
Documents required are as follows.
- ID Card
- Class 10 th mark sheet
- Class 12 th mark sheet
- Scanned Photograph
- Scanned Signature
- Scanned Thumb Print
- Debit/Credit Card Details
Steps to fill the online form are as listed below.
Step 1: Firstly go to the official website https://icar.nta.nic.in/WebInfo/Public/Home.aspx
Step 2: Fill all the mandatory details in the from. Select your examination center.
Step 3: Upload your recent photograph (The photograph should be in JPG/JPEG format)
|Photograph||2 to 200 KB|
Step 4: Also, upload all the necessary documents listed
All the documents should be in JPG/JPEG format.
|Thumb Expression||3 to 30 KB|
|Signature||4 to 30 KB|
Step 5: Pay the fees
Step 6: Recheck the information
Step 7: Click on submit button
Step 8: Keep the print out with you
Step 9: Admit Card-The admit card for the exam is released on the official website. Go to the website and take a print out of the admit card. You will not get any hard copy of the admit card. So, keep the print out of this admit card with you.
Exam Pattern for ICAR AIEEA
Exam details are as follows.
|Exam Name||ICAR AIEEA|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Languages||English & Hindi|
|Duration||2 hours & 30 minutes(150 minutes)|
|Format||Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ’s)|
Minus 1 for each wrong answer given
|Total Questions||150 Questions|
|Total Marks||600 marks|
Syllabus for ICAR AIEEA
The syllabus for this exam is set by NTA. Before starting your preparation it is must you go through the syllabus of the examination.
Candidates are supposed to choose the subject of their choice. There are 3 streams categorized on the basis of PCM/PCB/PCA-
|Stream A (PCM)||Stream B (PCB)||Stream C (PCA)|
The main subjects of AIEEA exam are
Now let us see the topics covered under each of the subjects more in details.
- Physical-world and measurement
- Laws of motion
- Work, energy, and power
- The motion of a system of particles and rigid body
- Gravitation properties of bulk matter
- The Behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory
- Oscillations and waves
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and nuclei
- Electronic devices
- Communication systems
- Concepts of chemistry
- Solid-state solutions
- Structure of atom
- Classification of elements
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- State of matter
- Redox reactions
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements
- Group 16 elements
- Group 17 elements
- Group 18 elements
- D and F block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Alcohols phenols and ethers
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen biomolecules
- Environmental chemistry
- Living world
- Continuity of life
- Unit of life
- Diversity of life
- Organism and environment
- Structure and function of plant life
- Structure and function of animal life
- Evolution of life application of biology
- Sets and function
- Coordinate geometry
- Vectors and three-dimensional geometry
- Linear programming
- Mathematical reasoning
- Statistics and probability
- Crop production
- Livestock production
- Horticulture culture
- Agro meteorology genetics and plant breeding biochemistry and microbiology
Books for ICAR AIEEA
- ICAR exam by Edugorilla
- ICAR AIEEA UG exam guide by R Gupta
- ICAR syllabi by Rajiv Bairathi or RK Gupta
- General agriculture for ICAR by Jain brothers
- The bachelor of science agriculture entrance exam Arihant
- The bachelor of science agriculture entrance exam by doctor Lalita Gaur
Scope of ICAR AIEEA
After qualifying ICAR AIEEA exam the candidate can get the admission in the Agricultural University and can choice anyone of the courses as his/her specialization.
|Fisheries||Agriculture marketing |
|Home science||Food science|
Tips for ICAR AIEEA Preparation
1. Go through Syllabus
Firstly go properly through the syllabus. Know everything about the exam and the syllabus. Note down the related subjects and topics of each subject.
2. Time Table
After nothing all the subjects now its time to outline a time table. Make a time table in such a way that you distribute the time for each subject properly. Follow the time table.
3. Time Management
Manage the time properly as you are preparing for all the subjects at a time. And we all your time is money. So, utilize it properly.
4. Key Note
Make charts and tables for important chapters. This is your keynote. It will help you revise easily during exam times and also lessen your preparation time.
5. Previous Year Exam Papers
Solve as much as previous year papers you can solve. This will make you familiar with the exam paper pattern and also you will get an idea of how to manage time during exam hours.
Read more about Entrance Exams here
There is a total of 71 agricultural universities in India. Also, there are 10 to ICAR institutes in our country. Monster agricultural University accepts exam scores for the admission process.
Top Agricultural Colleges in India
Here is the list of top Agricultural colleges in India
- Punjab Agriculture University, Ludhiana
- Tamilnadu Agriculture University Coimbatore GB pant University of agriculture and technology, Pantnagar
- Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad
- The Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology, and Sciences, Prayagraj
- Information Technology Cell, Junagadh
- Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Raipur
- Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Samastipur
- Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneswar
- Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur
- Dr. Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth, Dapoli
- Anand Agricultural University, Anand
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
- Vishwavidyalaya Ranch Uttar Banga Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Behar
To conclude, this was all about the entrance exam of agriculture. Many of them are not even aware of such different branches. I hope you have got all the one-stop information regarding ICAR AIEEA in these articles. And, now all your queries have sought out.
Then, what are you waiting for? Starting preparing to crack this exam. Now you can perceive the career in various courses of your choice. For any more related queries do not forget to get back to us. You can simply ask it in the comment section. We would surely get back to you with a solution.
Sharing is caring– If you have liked this article share it!!!