Are you a job seeker looking for a CV format for freshers? Then, here you will find the CV format that needs to be followed to crack the job vacancy.
If your skills, details, and competencies are properly showcased and highlighted. Then, surely there are high chances of your CV getting shortlisted for the desired job vacancy.
A CV is the most important key that directly drives you to the job seat. It is a must-have. The only thing that lines you up for the rounds of interviews is none other than the CV. For freshers, a CV is the first step for a job invitation.
So many people apply for a job at a time. Then, what is that one thing that differentiates a person from another person? Why only a particular person is screened for the interview process? It is based on the CV and how you have presented your key skills and competencies in that CV.
So, now let us make a difference so that your CV is shortlisted for the job vacancy and you are lined up for the interview process. For this, let us understand the CV Format.
What is a CV
A CV is a formal document that highlights the personal details, educational history, career background, and key skills of an individual. Its emphasis is on academic history, projects, and competencies.
The CV is drafted to apply for a job or crack a job vacancy. The freshers require a CV to apply for the job. The candidates cannot apply for the interview without a CV.
To conclude, a CV is a summary of professional skills work history, and educational qualifications.
Full form of CV
CV stands for Curriculum Vitae. The meaning of this term is summary. So Cv can be said as a summary of academics, skills, projects, personal details.
It is an overview of academics, achievements, and experiences. Choosing the right format of a CV is due to its importance.
Purpose of a CV
- The main purpose of a CV is to introduce the job seeker to the employer.
- A CV is a summary of your details, educational qualification, key skills.
- The purpose of the CV is to get shortlisted for the interview, crack the interview, and get the dream job.
- The main goal and purpose of the CV are to showcase your skills, educational background, in the most precise and presentable way by providing all possible details.
Difference Between Resume & CV
The main difference between a Resume and a CV is that a CV is a full detailed record of your academics and career history. Whereas in Resume format there is a brief and precise detail of your key skills, work experience, and competencies.
Let us understand the difference between a Resume and a CV more in detail.
|A resume summarizes your key skills and work experience|
|A CV summarizes your|
academics, educational qualification, and career history.
|The resume focuses more on Work|
Experience and competencies
|CV focuses more on academics and|
|It is very short, brief, and precise||It is with complete details and long. It is an in-depth information|
|Also, it is only 1 page||Also, it is 2-3 pages|
|The Resume does not have a set|
chronological order. The applicant can change the order
according to his/her convenience.
|A CV has a fixed chronological|
an order that needs to be followed.
|The Resume should highlight-|
1. Educational Qualification
2. Internship Experience
3. Extracurricular activities
5. Hobbies and interests.
|The CV should highlight-|
1. Work Experience
2. Key Skills
4. Professional Achievements
Must have CV Format for Fresher – Overview
There is a standardized format of CV for freshers, which makes it easy for recruiters to shortlist the CV and line up the candidate for the interview.
The format is organized in such a manner that the interviewer gets an idea of all details and skills just at one glance. It should be an attractive and eye-catching format. The CV should be very precise and explain all details
The format of your CV is of vital importance. Because there are so many people applying for a particular job. Hence, there will also be so many CVs. In such circumstances, if you want to get shortlisted then follow the proper format for a CV.
So, what makes a difference is a CV – Format of CV for freshers and how well it is organized.
The standard format of the CV should include all the sections listed below.
- Personal Information
- Contact Details
- Project Details
- Educational Qualification
- Key Skills/Competencies
- Languages Known
CV Format for Fresher
Step 1: Personal Information
1. Full name: You are required to write your full name as it is on passing certificates of 10th std.
2. Linked Profile: This is totally optional. You can give the link of professionals linked in your profile.
3. Home Address: Your recent home address where you are residing,
Step 2. Contact Details
1. Contact number: Your contact number that will connect you directly.
2. Email Address: Your mail address that is in use.
Step 3: Objective
1. Here you should mention your career objective.
2. What is your objective to join a particular company?
3. And in what way will you benefit the company.
Step 4. Project Details
1. Mention the company you interned with
2. Give a proper Project Title
3. Also, mention the month you started and you have ended the project.
4. Mention your role and responsibilities of the project
5. Any achievement in the project if any.
6. Try adding more numbers if you can. As it focuses more attention on the employer.
Step 5. Qualification/Education
1. Post Graduation Details- University, Passing Year, Marks(If any).
If you have achieved a post-graduation degree then you are supposed to mention the name of college, passing year, and marks obtained.
2. Graduation Details-University, Passing Year, Marks
The name of the college you have taken graduation from. The year you started and ended graduation. And total aggregate marks obtained.
3. Schooling Details-Board, Passing Year, Marks
The name of the school with a year of passing and score.
Step 6. Key Skills/ Competencies
1. Start with the professional skills that you possess, that are beneficial for the specified job role.
2. Look for the job vacancy, accordingly decide on the competencies that the job requires. And then develop your skills accordingly.
3. Your key skills should match the job competencies. Keep the skills updated.
4. Do not forget to highlight the skill in which you excel.
5. Keywords of the mentioned skills should be catchy.
Step 7. Strengths
1. Mention your strengths and highlight them
2. List all your strengths that will benefit the company in all ways
3. Be honest with your strengths
4. At least mention 5-6 of your best strengths
Step 8. Weakness
1. This is optional if you want to write it or not. You may write it or not. But this question is many a time asked in the interview. Your weakness should be such that even this weakness will benefit the company in one way or another.
2. For e.g I am Perfectionist. This is my strength yes. But simultaneously it is my weakness because I take time and work on something dedicatedly to make it perfect.
Step 9. Certifications
This is an optional step listed below.
1. If you have undergone some certificate course which can benefit the job vacancy and company. Then do not forget to mention it.
2. Certification is extra added benefit.
3. It is a certification course where you can make a difference from other job seekers
4. Mention one-by-one certificate courses and provide all the necessary details.
Step 10. Hobbies
1. Mention your hobbies or what you do in your leisure time
2. Be honest at mentioning your hobbies
3. Simultaneously, look forward to your hobbies can be helpful for the organization in one way or another.
Step 10. Languages Known
1. Mention the various languages that you know. Start with English first. Also, mention your native language.
2. Sometimes more languages you know more benefit it is. Especially when it is a Multi-National Company.
How to Make a CV
Here is a step-by-step guide that is also in simple steps to make a CV.
Step 1: Go to freesumes.com
Step 2: Now click on RESUMES and then in RESUMES TEMPLATES. You will get a pop-up list. In the pop-up list, you have to choose PROFESSIONAL.
Step 3: Drag your mouse down and down. And here you are. You will get to see various templates. You can choose any template of your choice.
Step 4: Now click on the READ MORE button on the selected template of resume or CV.
Step 5: Nextly, you will be driven on the template of your choice. You can see that particular Resume/CV on the interface.
Step 6: Next is to drag the mouse down till you see the DOWNLOAD button. Click on the DOWNLOAD button.
Step 7: The download of your template will start automatically within a few seconds. Wait till the process of the download is complete.
Step 8: Now, go to the download folder on your desktop. You will see the downloaded template on your interface. After that, you have to click on that particular downloaded folder.
Step 9: Click on the Resume.docx. You will get to see a rectangular box on the interface. Now you have to click on resume.docx
Step 9: When you click on the resume.docx button in the above step you will be automatically land in the WORD Document. Here is a CV format for freshers in a word document. You will see the template that you have chosen, which is opened in the Word document.
The template is ready to edit. Just click where ever you want to edit. And, then edit whatever you want to edit in that Resume/CV.
Step 10: Your Professional CV is ready to use.
How to share a CV
The resume can be shared in a number of ways. It is one’s personal choice to choose a way one wants to share the way of sharing a resume. Let us see the ways in which the resume can be shared-
The most common way to share a resume is through a Gmail account. The only thing you need to have is a Gmail account. Then, you can easily mail your Resume/Cv to the desired person.
Another way that is most commonly practiced is referrals. Referal is nothing but when an existing employee gives you the Reference to join a particular job. You can share your CV with that reference. This reference can be your friend, relative, or even a colleague.
3. Company’s Careers Page
You will find the Career Page of each company. You just need to visit the company’s website and land on the Career’s page. After that chose the desired position you want to apply and share your Resume/CV. If the criteria are fulfilled the company will surely get back to you.
4. Career Forums
There are various career forums in India. You can simply share your resume with the career forums platform. The most common career forums in India are PGalGuy, CAclubindia, Wall Street Oasis.
There are several internship programs for most reputed firms and companies. You can share a Resume/CV with these companies and join the companies. This way is generally for the freshers to directly enter a good company. If the company is satisfied and impressed with your work there will offer you a Pre-Placement Offer(PPO).
6. Job Portals
What are the job portals? To explain in simple words, job portals are nothing but career portals. These job portals help the candidates to find jobs according to their specifications.
The most common job portals in India are naukri.com, indeed.com, mosterindia.com, timesjob.com. Just share your Resume/CV on the job portals and fill in all the necessary details. These job portals will revert you to a number of jobs to apply for according to your preferences.
To sum up, this was all about CV format for freshers. Surely, this organized format will make your CV shortlisted for interviews. If this article has helped you to format your CV in the best way and helped you to get shortlisted for the interview do not forget to share it with us. We would love to hear from you.
If any queries regarding the CV format for fresher, get back to us by asking your query in the comment. We will get back to you with a solution!!
If you have liked the article do not forget to share it with your friends!! Sharing is Caring!!