Are you the one who is aspiring How to become a stockbroker in India? If yes, then obviously this article is for you only. This article has all the information regarding the stockbroker – roles and responsibilities, eligibility criteria, age limit, educational qualification, salary, entrance exam, best institute to get admission, types, and courses for Stockbroker.
If you are choosing a career in this, then your hard work and effort will definitely pay. Stock market is all about the analysis of the price of the product on daily basis. The fluctuation varies from time to time and from brand to brand. The investors and the broker need to keep eye on the market and their investment on daily basis. Your right investment will give you the right output that is the profit one.
About Stock Broker
The stock market is all about buying and selling the stocks in the stock market. They are the ones who remain in contact with the clients and keep on informing them about the rise and fall of the stock price. The stockbroker helps in giving advice to the clients for their investment. There are two possibilities to work in the stock market. First, as a full-service broker like in ICICI directs, and second, as a Discount broker in RKSV or Zerodha.
The market in India keeps on growing which gives a great opportunity to have a bright future. The brokers keep a track of all the happening in the market and convey the same to the clients.
As an investor, you have to do great research work on the product you invest in. Investors should also have the knowledge about the market to easily believe the broker’s advice. As a broker, you need to be honest and loyal to your clients and their investment. A broker’s advice is always accepted out of trust. The connection or bond between the Investor and the broker is very precious and worthy to run the market.
The broker also earns a good amount and the sub-broker gets some commission from the stockbroker for doing the work.
Role & Responsibilities of Stock Broker
The role & responsibilities of stockbrokers are listed below.
- He/She acts as a regulated representative of the market who helps in buying and selling the shares of the clients.
- He/She show more investment options with a specified portion of the commission.
- He/She should have a good understanding of the market and its fluctuations.
- A Stockbroker acts as a guide or mentor to the clients.
How to Become a Stock Broker in India
To be a sub-stock broker you need to pass the 12th exam.
The minimum age to be a stockbroker is 21years.
To become a Stock Broker you need to possess the educational criteria listed below.
- To be a stockbroker you need to be an expert in the fields of business administration, economics, and commerce.
- You need to have a graduation degree and a minimum of two years of experience.
- The candidate can pursue a master’s in commerce or business administration or economics to be a stack developer.
- BSE Certification on Central Depository
- BSE Certification on Currency Futures
- BSE Certification on Derivatives Exchange
- BSE Certification on Securities Markets
Courses for Stock Broker
The courses to get enroll for being a stockbroker are listed below.
- NSE’s Certification in Financial Markets
- Certification Programmers on Capital Markets
- Post Graduate Diploma in Fundamentals of Capital Market Development
- NSE’s Certified Market Professional
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Service and Capital Market
Types of Stock Broker
There are four types of Stock Broker.
Stockbroker – They are the middle man you can buy and sell the clients share on their behalf.
Forex broker – They buy and sell currencies on the behalf of the investor.
Full-service broker – They guide the investor in investing and getting other services.
Discount broker – They buy and sell the orders at a discount or fewer rates.
Stock Broking Field – Some of the stockbroking fields are mentioned here to learn and explore.
Who is Stockbroker
As a stockbroker, you have to register on Stock Exchange. You will be provided with an ID to get into it. The fee varies in various Lakhs to start the trading. Once the ID is generated the broker will share it with the clients for trading.
Who is Sub-Broker
They work or trade under the registered ID or membership of the stockbrokers.
The duty of a dealer is to enter all the trade happening in the market on the computer or laptop.
• Personal Financial Advisor
They act as a consultant in terms of investment by the investors. The Personal Financial Advisor acts as a guide to help the investor to get their goals fulfilled.
Difference between Stock Broker & Sub Broker
The difference between Stock Brokers and Sub Brokers is mentioned below.
|Stock Broker||Sub Broker|
|A Stock Broker acts as a middle man between the stock exchange and an investor||A sub-broker also acts as a middle man between two parties.|
|They can either be an individual or stockbroking company||They can be a wide network of operators around the country.|
|They function independently.||They work as intermediaries.|
|They get direct fees from the investors.||They get some amount from the stockbrokers.|
Career Scope/Employment Opportunities
Some of the Employment opportunities in the stock market as mentioned below.
- Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
- The Calcutta Stock Exchange
- National Stock Exchange (NSE)
- United Stock Exchange (which agreed to merge with BSE
- MCX Stock Exchange Ltd (MCX-SX)
Earnings of Stock Broker
Earning of a stockbroker and how their income is added to their account is listed below.
|Stages of Salary||Salary in INR|
|Base salary||199k – 2m|
Top Stock Broking Institutes in India
The best stock broking institutes in India are listed below.
- The UTI Institute of Capital Market
- Mumbai Stock Exchange Training Institute
- Institute of Capital Market Development
- The Orion Institute of Capital Market
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India
- Institute of Financial and Investment Planning
- All India Centre for Capital Market Studies
To conclude, this was all about How to Become a Stock Broker in India. Now, you can easily become a stockbroker in India and start a stockbroking business at home itself. It is a great misconception that females can not become Stock Broker. For passionate females seeking to become business women, a stockbroker is a great option to freeze. So what is experience as a Stock Broker? Do not forget to share it with me.
Sharing Is Caring – If you have liked the article share it!