Are you the one who is interested to know How to become a Chiropractor in India? If yes, then go through the article till the end and get all the information to prepare yourself to be a Chiropractor.
In this article, you will get to know about the roles and responsibilities, courses, career scope, eligibility criteria, job opportunities, salary, and top institutions to get admission as a Chiropractor.
What is Chiropractic
Chiropractic is the study of bones, nerves, joints, and neuro parts of the body to heal the pain of the patients as prescribed by the doctors. The methods used by the Chiropractor are exercises, counseling, manipulation of joints, tissues, and the spine.
The Chiropractor is the one who studies the chiropractic course and uses different techniques to provide proper treatment to the people. They help in exercising people as per the need of the body, keep eye on the joints or nerves to heal the patients. To learn such processes and techniques they have to study the chiropractor courses and implement the same when required.
They are the specialist in the health sector and worked under experts or are trained by the experts to get relief from the pain. They have a license to be a trained physician and provide proper guidance and treatment to people. As a chiropractor, chiropractic treatment is the right way to heal the pain.
Role & Responsibilities of a Chiropractor
- As a Chiropractor, you need to be trained to understand the patient’s health issue and provide medication accordingly.
- He/She has the potential to counsel the patients for their treatment.
- He/She should listen to the issues faced by the patients and use the methodology as per the need.
- He/She should be kind and caring towards the patients at the time of treatment.
To be a Chiropractor you have to study certain courses to be an expert in the same and provide treatment accordingly.
|Undergraduate Program||3 years||Rs. 2-3 Lakhs per annum|
|Master’s Program||2 years||Rs. 2.5-3 Lakhs per annum|
|Integrated Program||5 years||Rs. 3-4 Lakhs per annum|
|Doctoral Program||4 years||Rs. 3-4 Lakhs per annum|
How to become a Chiropractor in India
To become a Chiropractor in India you need to qualify some necessary eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria to become a Chiropractor in India are listed below.
There is no age limit to be a chiropractor as it completely depends on your skills and practice.
The candidate needs to have a graduate degree in physics, biology, and chemistry as compulsory subjects from an authorized university
|You must know the area of the pain||You need to be Punctual and hardworking|
|Proper utilization of Modern Techniques||Need to work for long hours|
|Time Management||Need to work with experts|
|Interpersonal Skill||Need to provide remedial cases to handle the case|
|Kind and caring attitude||Must have problem-solving skills|
|Teamwork||Need to have compassion for patients|
|Good listening skill||Perseverance|
As such, there is no entrance exam conducted by the central government or state government. Few Universities may have their own basic exam to check the fluency in English or aptitude test to check the mental ability to learn the course.
The course of studies to pursue chiropractic is mentioned below.
- The philosophy of Chiropractic, its principle-based on humanism, holism, rationalism, vitalism, naturalism, and conservatism.
- The meaning of chiropractic in life, limitations, and utilization,
- Students’ presentation on research work and Doctor’s review.
- Chiropractic origins and development.
- History of chiropractic philosophy, the science behind chiropractic, fundamental theories and practices of chiropractic.
- Public speaking and communication in chiropractic.
Books & Study Material
Few book names are listed below to study Chiropractic.
- The author Stephenson RW has written a book name Chiropractic Textbook
- The author Sinnott R. has written a book name Textbook of Chiropractic Philosophy 2
- How to become a Homeopathic Doctor in India
- How to become an Oncologist in India
- How to become a Physiatrist in India
Treatment by Chiropractor
The treatment to cure the health issues in bone, nerve, or spine are mentioned below.
- Spinal Manipulation/ Chiropractic adjustment
- Chiropractic mobilization
- Physical examination
- Lab test
- X-ray to detect the dislocation of joints or bones
Job Description of Chiropractor
As a Chiropractor, you will get opportunities to work in government hospitals to heal the pain of the patient.
Clinics and Health Departments
In Clinics and Health Departments you can get the scope to provide proper treatment to people under doctors’ prescription.
As a Nurse, you can take care of the patient as per the doctor’s guidance.
Old age homes
People in old age homes require proper care if in case they face any joint issues. The Chiropractor is the one who helps them in taking care of the things.
In case of any mishap or an accident, the military person needs to take proper care to heal the patient.
Private hospitals need to hire a chiropractor to look into the health issues of the people.
Training Institutes as Educators
As an educator, you need to have proper knowledge of the body parts and how to implement the same in the human body
The sports academy hires a Chiropractor to look at the student’s inquiries or muscle dislocation.
Career Scope for Chiropractor
As a chiropractor, you must be an expert in your field like locating the bones, joints, or muscles to their position. They provide treatment to back pain, anatomy, low back pain, spinal disk issues, and structural problems.
Chiropractic is the right profession to relax people from pain and help in changing lifestyles.
Top Recruiting Agencies for Chiropractor
Some of the agencies that hire chiropractors are mentioned below.
- Private Hospitals
- Government Hospitals
- Self-run clinics
Salary of Chiropractor
Salary varies from position to position. Some of the post salaries are mentioned below.
|Job Profile||Initial Salary in INR||Final Salary in INR|
|Private sector||Rs. 20,000-Rs 25,000 per month||Rs. 50,000-1 lakhs|
|Nursing||Rs. 35,000-Rs 40,000 per month||Rs. 45,000-Rs. 70,000 per month|
Best Institutes in India to perceive the course
The best colleges to pursue such course is listed below.
- Institute of Alternative Medicines and Research (IAMR), Kolkata
- Holy Angels College of Alternative Medicines, Mumbai
To conclude, this was all about How to Become a Chiropractor in India. Hope this information is sufficient for the first stepping stone to become a successful Chiropractor in India. For any more related queries get connected to me. Also do not forget to share your experience as a Chiropractor.
Sharing Is Caring – If you have liked the article share it!