Are you the one who is interested to know How to become a Chartered Engineer in India? Buckle up and read the content to get all the information regarding the roles and responsibilities, educational qualification, eligibility criteria, syllabus, entrance exam, job opportunities, career scope, and best institutions to get admission in India.
In a world full of technologies, students prefer to be engineers and learn new programming languages and uses of the software. The degree in Engineering is more in trend and provides secured job opportunities. With the n-number of fields in Engineering, you can choose either of the ones to pursue the course and gain the expertise in the same.
These days being a Chartered Engineer is pride and gives numerous respects to the Engineer. Experience is the most required thing to be a Chartered Engineer. The skills that you carry to be an engineer and adding a little more knowledge to it will make you a Chartered Engineer.
About Chartered Engineer
Chartered Engineer is also known as the Professional Engineering which is achieved by cracking the exams and fulfilling the required conditions like having five years or more experience or being a member of the recognized professional society. The Chartered Engineer is the highest degree that you can have in the field of Engineering.
The certificate is provided by the Indian Institution of Engineers or other institutions as per the need of the students. The awards are given after numerous practices and training in a specific field. As a chartered engineer, you need to have the problem-solving potential and take the leadership on techno-commercial things. You will be having the license to pursue the degree.
Role & Responsibilities of a Chartered Engineer
As a Chartered Engineer you have lots of responsibilities to be concerned about are mentioned below.
- As a Chartered Engineer, you provide the certificate related to the export of spare parts, machinery, and industrial equipment.
- He/She has the power to inspect and validate the equipment and machinery that are shipped.
- He/She needs to look into the matter of scrutiny and problem-solving capability.
- He/She as per their expertise is called for making the balance sheet at the end of the financial year.
- He/She figure out the market value of the industrial equipment and machinery.
How to become a Chartered Engineer in India
To become a Chartered Engineer you need to qualify for some eligibility criteria. The list of eligibility criteria to become a Chartered Engineer in India is given below.
The minimum education required to be a chartered engineer is B.E/B.Tech from a recognized
No such entrance exams take place for such posts. The only things that matter the most are the experience to perceive in the field and gain knowledge.
As a Chartered Engineer from any field, you need a lot of work experience and hard work to grab such a post. The syllabus or course of studies that make you an expert in this field are listed below.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Chemistry
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Environmental Studies and Disaster management
- Computer systems
- Engineering Geology
- Basic survey
- Solid Waste management
- Ground Improvement Techniques
- Sustainability Concepts
Along with the course of studies, you have to do an internship under an authorized firm or company to gain practical knowledge and learn the utilization of the tools, equipment, or programming languages to explore the field in more detail.
The authority will ask questions to check your learning and guide you as per the need and with time you will gather all the required knowledge and training to crack the job interviews.
Books & Study Material
Some of the books or the study material that you read at the time of these courses are listed below.
- The Art of Science and Engineering by Richard W. Hamming
- Introduction to Algorithms by Thomas H. Cormen
- Artificial Intelligence Revolution by Robin Li
- Fundamentals of Engineering – An Introduction to Engineering by Saeed Moaveni
- Basic Machines and how they work by Naval Education and Training Program
- Engineering- A Introduction by David Blockley
- Studying Engineering – A Rewarding Career by Raymond B. Landis
Role Of Chartered Engineer in India
The job opportunities for a chartered engineer start with the completion of the Engineering degree. Once the degree is completed you can easily get the job in the desired company and again the experience in the chosen field. To be a Chartered engineer experience matters a lot. Your experience will help you to grab the post of Chartered Engineer.
The work experience also helps you handle real-life problems and increase your understanding of the field too.
The Chartered Engineer is the most honored and respectable degree in the field of Engineering which is grabbed by the employee after years of experience and effort. It is one of the highest qualifications in the field of Engineering which gets a lot of appreciation and goodwill from the employee.
As a Chartered Engineer, you need to be good at providing a certificate on export items, handle the auction, know how to validate the products and provide their market valuation. The more you understand the things the more experience you gain that comes with a good pay scale.
Top Recruiting Companies
Some of the Top recruiting companies to hire the employees and provide them the Chartered Engineer post is listed below.
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc
- Maberic Systems Limited
- Verizon data services India private limited
- Randstad India Private Limited
Salary of a Chartered Engineer
The salary of a few of the chartered engineers based on different profiles is listed below.
|Job Profile||Salary in INR|
|Chartered Mechanical Engineer||Rs. 3 – 4 Lakhs per annum|
|Chartered Electrical Engineer||Rs. 3.5 – 4.5 Lakhs per annum|
|Chartered Mariner Engineer||Rs. 2.5 – 4 Lakhs per annum|
Institutions of Engineers in India
The best colleges to get admission in India for the course of Chartered Engineer are listed below.
- Indian Institution of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institution of Technology, New Delhi
- Indian Institution of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institution of Technology, Roorkee
- National Institution of Technology, Calicut
- National Institution of Technology, Warangal
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
- National Institute of Technology, Manipur
To conclude, this was all about How to Become a Chartered Engineer in India. Many of them even do not know Who is a Chartered Engineer is, what he does & how much he earns? So I made up my mind to share this detailed step-by-step guide on Chartered Engineer. Hope this guide has cleared up all your queries. Yet you have any queries ask me by commenting in the commenting box. I will get back to you with the solution to your query.
Sharing Is Caring – Share the article if you found it informative!