Department of Post (Post Office) is the exclusive trading postal system known as the India Post. It owns excellent history back from 1854 till now. It serves millions of clients via a vast post office network nationwide. There are more than 150000 offices, each employing thousands of workers in multiple sections.
The Post Office ranks as the largest and best service in India and worldwide. It was established in Lord Dalhousie, giving opportunities to residents for sending and receiving parcels and many other services quickly.
India Post also utilizes standard rates for accommodating the need of every client. To operate, DOP incorporates post or DOP agents to help provide services in urban and rural regions.
DOP agent/Post Office Agent
Post Office agents offer significant services to India Post. They help people with monetary payments, collecting funds from their clients, life insurance services, money orders, managing post services via the official portal, run multiple post office policies and schemes.
The post office agents earn a commission for every service they offer. It helps employ thousands of people across India. Indian residents who are willing to work with the Post Office can apply for services by submitting the details.
What are the types of DOP agents?
The DOP offers authorized and legal services across India. The department also classifies various types of agents depending on the tasks as follows.
- PLI agents (Post Life insurance)
- PPF agents
- SAS agents or Standard Agent system
- MPKBY agents ( Mahila Pradhan Kshetriya Bachant Yojna)
What are the services offered by DOP agents?
- Retail services like sales, bill collection, and dispatching pension payments.
- Insurance service
- Help mail parcels and letters to different destinations
- Processing money orders
- Printing passbooks for post office schemes
- Sales services of post office schemes like Sukanya Yojana, RD, PPF, MIS, TD, NSC, KVP, and much more.
- Collecting monthly deposits from investors and then sending them to respective schemes.
Also Read: Pearlvine Login
What are the documents needed for the DOP agent job?
The applicant must offer various documents before applying for post office agent work. One sends the details to the district collector’s office. The application form should also collect the District Institutional Finance Office or the OIC in each district across states.
- Ration and birth card documents.
- Photocopy of SAS agency.
- Two character certificate
- Two recent passport photos
- An affidavit attested by the magistrate
- Agreement form
- Nomination form
- An application form
India post agent login
- First, you need to register on the official portal of India Post. After that, to log in, you must visit the website https://dopagent.indiapost.gov.in.
- Every registered agent will also receive login credentials from the offices of DOP.
- Once the registration is done, the account will reflect on their website. A list of DOP cheques or cash and non–DOP cheques should also be created.
- Accounts opened before 15 of the month will receive the funds on the same day or one day before. However, the account established after the 15th will receive funds at the end of every month.